2018.3 release notes
This is a major release with many new features and bug fixes.
Objectives is a new system that gives short term goals and rewards. Access it from the player info page on the top left button.
The Time Modulator is a new space station available very early in the game that speeds up time over the entire yellow star system, for limited amounts of time each day. Use it strategically to speed up planet upgrades, artifact research, ship travel and shipment deliveries.
- New RS8 Module: BOND
- New RS5 Module: SHIPMENT DRONE (replaces SHIPMENT AUTOPILOT)
- RUSH now works when traveling to a destination via warp lanes
- RECALL: Cooldown reduced to 1 minute, Hydrogen cost increased to 500
- REMOTE MINING: Fixed an issue that could cause the module to work at reduced efficiency when the player was offline
- DESTINY: Can now only be activated when there are enemy ships in the current sector
- VENGEANCE: Range reduced in White Stars for level 3 and up
- Renamed Tetrahedron module level numbers to match the respective Red Star level and the levels of the other modules
- Traveling in a yellow star automatically uses the optimal warp lanes (if available)
- Description for undiscovered modules is now always available in the TECHNOLOGY dialog
- Artifacts/Relics that haven't finished loading will show faded on the transport ship
- Visual improvements on multiple dialogs, including scroll bars and better vertical scaling on high aspect ratio devices like iPhone X and Samsung S8
- New replay interface allows viewing info and ship modules. White Star replays will stay paused while the fast forward button is not pressed.
- Shipments dialog allows sorting by destination name (keep tapping on the column header to switch between Distance and Destination sorting mode)
- Battleships will heal on any colonized planet, moon or space station in the yellow star. Repair rate greatly increased.
- XP curve re-adjusted, maximum player level is now 250. Some high level players will gain a level or two from the readjustment.
- Reduced number of maximum participants in RS2 (now 2 players max) and RS3 (now 4 players max)
- Maximum future orders in White Star increased to 8
Bug fixes and improvements
- Fixed visual glitch when ships were travelling via warp lanes
- Game will reload less frequently when returning from background state
- Improved suggestions shown in Recommended Corporations page