For the next few months, we plan to slow down the rate of major features. There will still be some new modules, but the majority of the focus will be on balancing existing content and make yellow and red stars as fun as they can be. We are still on track to launching our beta version some time in March. The alpha version will be live until March 6, at which point the servers will be brought down for a few weeks as we prepare for proper launch in our initial countries.
Here is the list of changes for today's update:
- New Building: Warp Lane Hub. Hubs can be linked in pairs to create Warp Lanes. The link lasts one day and costs a fixed amount of Hydrogen. Once the link is active, all ships can travel between the hubs instantly and without consuming Hydrogen.
- Shipments window can sort the list of shiments by destination or by reward amount
Ships and Modules
- Ships can now be upgraded at any time. Upgrade screen is similar to other object's upgrade screen and displays relevant info, including what type of new module slot will be gained by the upgrade
- Ships at level 3 and above can have a custom name assigned (once per ship only)
- A ship can have multiple modules installing at once, no longer have to wait until previous module done installing
- Hydrogen consumption for moving and jumping a ship depend on the ship's level
- Activated modules now cost a fixed amount Hydrogen paid on each activation (instead of having a constant cost added to the ship's movement cost)
- 2 new Weapon modules
- 2 new Shield modules
- 2 new Mining modules
- 2 new Support modules
- 1 new Trade module
- Transport Capacity offers more shipment slots on level 3 and above
- Weak shield renamed to Alpha Shield, strength increased
- Standard shield renamed to Delta Shield, strength increased in low levels and decreased in later levels
- Strong shield renamed to Omega Shield, strength decreased on level 3 and above
- Laser: Increased maximum damage and decreased time to achieve maximum damage
- Increased mineral capacity for the Hydrogen Storage module
- Greatly increased duration of mining boost, also increased its speedup modifier. Mining boost is essential for mining from red stars.
- Increased red star life extender duration.
- Cerberus Colossus hull strength reduced, but now comes with a shield (affects newly spawned ships only)
- Cerberus Guardian hull strength increased, firepower decreased
- After you have upgraded the Red Star scanner, you will still have the option to search for a lower level Red Star (if you find the new star too hard/expensive, and to help coordinate runs with other players). This way upgrading the Red Star scanner too early does not punish the player.
- Low level Red Stars were made significantly easier
- Added levels 6-10 to the Red Star Scanner, to gain access to the same levels of Red Stars. Any Red Star level after 5 will require significant coordination between multiple players to have even moderate success in.
- Red stars now have a limit of how many battleships can be sent per player. This is to help us balance Red Stars properly, and remove incentives to create completely imbalanced fleets (many players choose to create fewer than optimal miners and transports in favor of battleships). It should also help make Red Star combat more strategic, hopefully focusing on tactics instead of having players fight the user interface trying to manage more ships in combat than we ever intended.
- Added Influence points, which can be earned in Red Stars and now are used to calculate player and Corporation Leaderboards. For more details, see this previous blog post.
- Tweaked Asteroid spawn rates (should be getting more asteroid spawns per day, but each will be holding a much smaller Hydrogen amount)
- Hydrogen drop rate and storage for planets has been decreased
- Miners now keep working on a sector without manual intervention, as long as there are available asteroid fields in the sector.
- We expect and intend the asteroid changes will require players to build more Miner ships, and use additional mining modules to keep up with Hydrogen demand as their empire grows (including planning mining expeditions in Red Stars)
- Player info window has historical graphs for credits and hydrogen income and expenses per day
- New Tycoon achievements (for maintaining sustained income levels for 7 continuous days)
- Selection action buttons moved to the bottom of the screen so they don't interfere with everything going on around the selected object
- Selection should work much better now, especially with respect to de-selecting by tapping on empty space
- New selection effect makes it clear what object is selected
- Can preview module range by holding down on the module button (activation can still be cancelled by dragging the finger off the button)
- Notifications should be working again (check your device's settings if they are still not received)
- If playing the same account on multiple devices, notifications should be sent to all devices
- New notifications for building complete/upgraded events
- Destroying Cerberus stations now gives XP to the owner of the star system. They also explode spectacularly.
- Fixed bug where Cerberus stations would pick a new target mid-combat for no reason
- Buy Artifact page shows yield info on each artifact type (can also be used as general reference for Artifacts retrieved from Red Stars)