We are currently deploying a server update, for more information see here: http://blog.hadesstar.com/2023/12/server-update-december-5-2023.html
Expected downtime is 20 minutes.
No app update is required to access the game after maintenance.
General information on maintenance:
We regularly maintain the game's servers to improve performance, fix issues and increase capacity for more players.
Here's what to expect during such a maintenance period:
- 16 minutes before maintenance starts, you will start seeing an in-game message and countdown timer.
- The countdown timer is meant to help you avoid situations where you could lose ships while the servers are offline. Make sure you retreat your ships from combat before the timer expires.
- During the countdown period, you cannot start new Red Stars. You should also be careful with existing Red Stars - if using a lot of Red Star extenders, it's possible the maintenance could start with some of your ships still in the Red Star.
- During the last 8 minutes of the countdown, you will also be unable to start searching for a new Blue star.
- The actual maintenance will usually only bring the game offline for less than 5 minutes. An exception is when doing maintenance during an app update - those maintenances will usually take 10 minutes to an hour.
When a maintenance is underway, we will always post more info on the top of this post, including estimated downtime. A link to this post will be available from within the game during the maintenance window (click the maintenance message, then More Info to see the cause of the maintenance and expected downtime).